Examples of popular seminar topics:
- Identifying, collecting, and preserving evidence for DNA analysis
- An understandable explanation of DNA and how it is analyzed in the crime laboratory
- Clear explanation of what DNA testing results mean and how population frequencies are calculated
- Necessary quality control measures for forensic DNA laboratories
- History and future of forensic DNA testing
- Effective presentation of DNA evidence in court
- Cross-examination of DNA expert witnesses
- Effective ways to challenge DNA evidence
The length and content of seminars can be completely customized. This is not meant to be a comprehensive list of possible topics. The seminar length is based on the number of topics covered and the depth of each topic. The cost of each seminar is based on the number of participants and the seminar location. Training content provided by Human Identification Technologies has been approved for MCLE credit. Training is offered at no charge. However, travel, lodging and per diem costs will be charged.
Past Training Presented by Human Identification Technologies:
- HIT President Blaine Kern presented a DNA training session titled "Understanding DNA-Identification, Collection and Preservation" on August 17 in San Diego. This class was part of a 3 day training course presented by LCI Services. For more information, visit http://www.lciservices.com/training.html.
- HIT President Blaine Kern presented a DNA training session at the National Defense Investigators regional conference on September 6th in Scottsdale, AZ. For more information, visit http://ndia.net.
- Click Here for Mr. Kern's Curriculum Vitae for Past Training Seminars